Thursday, February 18, 2010

What is running through my mind while watching the Olympics...

Is that guy really wearing overalls? Is that guy really wearing a top that looks like a corset with pink lacing? Does that guy really have feathers on his hands? --The black feather outfit actually looked good and was evidently designed by Vera Wang, but still. How do they spin so fast? Am I a bad person because I kind of didn't want Lindsay Vonn to win? Shaun White sure has a thing about open shirts during interviews, he also wears a lot of rings. How old is Bob Costas and when did he start coloring his hair? How do those moguls effect the knees? I can barely walk down the stairs in the morning. How do they walk after that? Are any athletes besides snow boarders allowed to listen to their ipods while competing? I know that Curling has a long tradition but is it really a "sport"? I would have to argue that pool or shuffle board are the next logical sports along these lines. These althetes are brave-there is no way you could get me on the ski jump or downhill runs or in a speed skating outfit for that matter.

4 comments:

  1. I had a hard time watching the guy with the corset. It just looked wrong on so many levels to me! We have been having a great time watching the Olympics and the kids have enjoyed the late bedtimes because of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad I missed the corset and the feathers... maybe not. I haven't watched even 30 minutes of the Olympics this year and I feel a little bad about it, but not enough to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess i forgot to tell everyone that the corset-clad fellow was actually me. YOU GOT A PROBLEM?!

    Beth- were you having an ADD/noozle kind of a day when you wrote this? Actually I have been enjoying your frequent posts. Someday I might update my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tommy-I meant to write it in a "stream of consciousness" style which I guess is pretty noozely. Isn't that how you think inside your head?

    ReplyDelete