Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope and Soul

So I think my hang-up with blogging is "who is reading this and what will they think".  I am too worried about what to say that I haven't said anything.  That is pretty typical for me.  I'm much better at sitting back and listening than piping up-especially around acquaintances (not close friends but people I know, you know?).  So maybe my resolution for this year and for this blog is to just be myself.  I hardly ever even write in a journal because it is too embarrassing.  Here goes....

I voted for Obama and teared up while watching the Inauguration this morning.  I am happy that the nation (for the most part) feels hopeful.  It is cool that some of the things that I value are becoming cool-like doing service, trying to work things out rather than fighting, word games (just checking if you are paying attention), motown music, playing basketball and tall women.  I think Michelle Obama must be nearly 6 feet tall.  Anyway, earlier this fall I felt like I couldn't tell people which way I was voting because I was afraid of the "discussion" it might lead to.  Now I wish I had.  I may not agree with all of his policies but I like the way Americans are reacting to his message.  

Did anyone see Sting singing at one of the Inaugural Balls tonight?  Whoa, what happened my friend?  

Tonight while we were snuggling Sophia said "I almost snapped at school today".  So I'm thinking, oh no, what happened to cause her to "almost snap".  I have seen this girl have a breakdown and it isn't pretty.   So I said, "what does that mean?" and she showed me by putting her fingers together and trying to snap.  This I can handle!


5 comments:

  1. I cried multiple times too...it is just overwhelmingly exciting! It's like the energy is palpable, not that we all think everything will be rainbows and unicorns, but that everyone wants to try a little harder. I did fell dumb crying in the lobby of my endodontist while he was taking the oath though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and I love your resolution. I can't wait to see what your "all you" blogging will bring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I was thinking of posting the same thing... I didn't vote for him but now I see how energized everyone is I think Obama is exactly what the country needs right now. I think that is the beauty of our democracy, we all are hoping for our guy (gal) but then in the end we support the winner and pray for their success.

    That Sophie thing cracked me up because I too was thinking about what would happen if she "snapped".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well to be honest sister, I didn't cry when Obama gave his speech.... I cried during his parade through DC! How's that for pathetic? Like Lysa said, I did not vote for him, but I am excited for some change!!! As for Sophie, i almost snapped today too! I'm getting closer lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not going to discuss politics. I would rather snap. :) You should post more often Beth!!!

    ReplyDelete