Monday, March 16, 2009

Woulda Coulda Shoulda


What I should be doing right now is sleeping, laundry, work, flexible spending reimbursement forms, or straightening up.  But I decided I needed to make a post to my blog even though I never know what to write about.  So, here are some random thoughts...

Quinton has a serious sleep walking problem which is why he usually sleeps in our bed.  It is scary as we have awoken (awaken?) to hear him running down the stairs for no reason.  He is always in a rush when sleep walking.  Tonight we tried putting him on our floor and sure enough he bolted out of bed and tried to rush downstairs.  A couple years ago I woke up to find him opening the front door.  Scary!  Brady and I are considering a gate or a cage for him. Probably not a cage.  

I went running outside on the trail on Saturday and it was awesome.  It made me realize that you really don't get the same experience on the treadmill (duh).  I thought I had been doing pretty well but that trail kicked my b$%*!  (I don't like to say butt).  The weather was beautiful and I was able to run alone which makes it easier to sing along to my ipod.  Some of my favorite running songs are Solitary Man (Neil), Upside Down (Diana Ross), Take a Chance (Abba) and Love Will Keep Us Together (Captain & Tenille).  Yes, I probably need to venture into some newer tunes.  Any suggestions?

Another thought about running.  I know that I look retarded (literally, sorry not very PC) when I run.  I have proof.  At the NYC Marathon they take pictures of you at random spots on the course and then email them to you so you can buy them and share them with all of your friends because you are very proud of your accomplishment (run-on sentence-get it?).  Anyway, I saw those pictures and nearly died.  My mouth was slack and I had a not so bright look on my face in each one.   Needless to say I did not buy any of the pictures.  I wonder if I still have them on email?  I will look later.  


2 comments:

  1. those pics would be the perfect post! ...and I fear you have opened a can of worms as Jack is now compiling a mega list of bands/songs for you, which ultimately was probably not a literal request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime - Beth does need updating in the music department, so I say let Jack do it.

    Nice picture Beth!

    ReplyDelete